Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Fifties Diner


For the month of April at Art Journal Journey, Hazel has asked us to climb aboard the magical mystery bus to see where it takes each of us in our art. For me, I got hungry while touring and asked to stop at the drive-in for sustenance. A carhop on roller skates served up some tasty treats--a burger, shake and fries-- topped off with my fave ice cream sundae.  Do you still have a drive-in where you live? In the bigger towns nearby, we have Sonic.  



What a fun new release from Kristy over at Imagine That! digistamp.  The design team is showing off Retro Waitress at the Creative Playground HERE.  Be sure to head over because you could win this set just by leaving a comment over at the Creative Playground. 

I immediately set to work creating this fifties vibe digital 6x8 journal page.  


I also used the following digital files in my composition:

Imagine That! digistamp: redwood from Owl Will Always Love You digital paper 
Gecko Galz: Drive-In sign and stars from Kitchen Sink Banners collage sheet
Pixel Scrappers: vinyl record
Doodle Pantry: 50's Diner black check



I'm entering these other challenges:
Gecko Galz FaceBook Papercrafters:  April Use the Letter C (carhop)
OUTLAWZ  Festive Friday April 7: ice cream treats --check out that ice cream sundae and the ice cream shake!   FF040717

2 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

You make me hungry! This is just AWESOME! Thank you very much for joining Art Journal Journey again! Always a pleasure to see your pieces!
Happy Easter!
oxo Susi

hazel said...

This is a fabulous page and such fun, I love the images.
xxx Hazel.

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album