Thursday, June 23, 2016

Stars and Stripes

Still perfecting this whole journaling concept.  Here is this month's Wanderlust 2016 challenge to use the colors in my flag and incorporate watercolors.  With Fourth of July just around the corner, I came up with this concept.

I also used one of the Wanderlust journaling prompts to "Write a lot, write fast, write everything. Fill your page with writing." 

My journal pages have been mini scrapbook pages or scenes.  I feel this page is probably my first true journal page where I just let the art flow out of me.


Materials:
white gesso
Artist's Loft liquid watercolors
Wendy Vecchi embossing paste
Finnabair white crackle texture paste
Viva Decor Mother of Pearl modellier creme
Tim Holtz rays stencil
star stencil
Fabel Castell PITT black artist pen
Uni-ball Signo white pen

I mixed red liquid watercolor with embossing paste for the "stripes", using the rays stencil.

Here is a close up of the shine on the stripes and the stars.


Entering this in:

Wanderlust 2016 June challenge

Love to Create Challenge 13: Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes

Vintage Journey: June Texture or Embossing Pastes
Please take this badge if you are joining in our challenges

ARTplorations:  June Mixed Media Challenge: anything but a card and must use a stencil

3 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous textured piece!! Love it, thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at A Vintage Journey!

Words and Pictures said...

What fabulous shimmer on that texture - really cool!
Alison x

SewPaperPaint said...

This is so cool, how pretty!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album