Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Day With Finn

Yesterday I had a fabulous experience at The Paper Boutique in Springfield, IL.  I was so looking forward to spending the day with Anna Dubrowska, aka Finnabair, from Prima, and she did not disappoint!!!!!  Such a delightful young woman!  And sooooo very talented!!!!!!  Thank you to Corrine, store owner, for bringing Finn here!



We started with a blank canvas and a boat load of embellishments.  We brought a photo.  I chose the one taken of me at my 65th birthday celebration in Napa, CA.  I have quite a collection of old photos of my ancestors and toyed with the idea of using one of those.  Then I thought,  one day I'll be one of those ancestors in an old photo so I decided to stick myself on a canvas.

From this.....

To this....

Finn is an excellent instructor and offers a well paced class with a demonstration and easy to understand tutorial for each component of the project.  I learned soooo much!!!!!  It was wonderful to work in such a stress-free, comfortable environment!

And, of course, we ended the day with a group photo (provided by The Paper Boutique).




4 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

I LOVE it! Wish I could've been there with you.

~Linda

TangledBlueRose said...

So exciting! Love your canvas, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing such an amazing day you had, so fun :)
~kim

Becca Cruger said...

Your project turned out sooooo lovely! Soft and gorgeous and oh-so-textural. I would LOVE to learn from Finnibair!

Karen Dunbrook said...

wow...stunning...

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album