Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Heirloom Crochet Book

The February topic at Unruly PaperArts blogozine is Book It.  Amazing books already have been posted so far this month.  Each creative contributor has a different take on the topic.

Although I've bound books:


altered books:


and folded paper to make books:



I decided to make something totally different for my UPA contribution.

I used two heirloom crocheted hot pads from my mother's family as the covers to create a small scrapbook of heritage photos.  A monochromatic blue theme was used throughout.



This month's generous sponsor at Unruly Paper Arts is Rubber Dance Stamps.  Bibi from Rubber Dance Stamps also has a couple of articles posted this month at UPA.  I used one of her stamps on this page:


I hope you will pop over to UPA to read my article and see all the pages in detail.  You can find it HERE.

I'd like to share this page with the following:

Open Minded Crafting Challenge 29:  No pink, no red  until Feb 13. winner announced Feb 21 I'm the random winner of 7 images from Bugaboo Stamps!!
Try It On Tuesday:  Add a Photo until Feb 15 winner announced Feb 24 x
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  All Things Bright and Beautiful due February 11 x
Addicted to Stamps: Challenge 97 Lots of Layers due Feb 13 Winner announced Feb 22 x
Pile It On Challenge 55:  Use a Bow  Winner announced Wed Feb 18 x

13 comments:

jane stillman said...

What a fabulous idea, love the blue monochrome x

Pop's Cards said...

Such a gorgeous creation, love the colours that you have chosen, thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time, hugs Pops x

jenn shurkus said...

WOW! what a unique creation!!! so awesome :) Thanks so much for joining us along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

SusanK said...

Super idea! I have tons of crocheted doilies my grandmother made...what a nice way to honor her memory and make a scrapbook of photos from days past.

Margik said...

What lovely 'Sisters' creation. Love the beautiful photo and the blue colours. The butterfly in the window is a great idea. I also love your fantastic books.
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar

Meggymay said...

Beautiful projects. The crochet book is gorgeous and the page you shared with us at TioT's looks fantastic. Thank you for joining us this time.
Yvonne

Brenda Brown said...

I popped over to take a look and what an amazing creation. I love it. xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at TIOT! Valerie

Nikki Acton said...

An amazing creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Nikki xx

RitaK said...

Very creative work. Thanks for joining the ATSC. Hugs Rita

Rebecca Wong said...

This is so cool. Thanks for joining Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge.
Rebecca, DT

Lynne said...

What a fabulous idea and keepsake!!!! Love all the attention to detail. Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Open Minded Crafting Fun DT

Unknown said...

Oh wow, what a great idea! Lovely colours and I love all the details! Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album