Friday, August 1, 2014

UPA August Issue

Our Unruly Paper Arts blogozine issue for August is up and running, with the Schedule of Contents for the month and the Reader Art Quest.  

This month's theme is STEAMPUNK.  Articles will be posted throughout the month from our talented UPA columnists. Our featured guest artist is Leslie Rahye.  

A bit of news for all our readers is that we now have a facebook page and newsletter subscription giving you more ways to keep up to date and follow what is happening both here on the blog and within our Unruly Community as well as sharing some of the news from our sponsors.

Our sponsor this month is Wild Orchid Crafts.  Their site can be found HERE
Wild Orchid Crafts

They have generously donated a gift voucher to the lucky winner of this month's RAQ.

And here it is, The UPA August Reader Art Quest mood board:




I don't have any columnist contribtions for this month, so I thought I'd leave you with a bit of whimsy steampunk I made in August of 2011.  He's not flying anywhere, but.......



the tin man later ended up here on this layout which was published in the September 2011 issue of Enchanting Creations on-line publication:





And here's a little steampunk time travel piece for you which I also made in 2011.  I'm sure the Wizard up above is carrying this in his pocket.


What will YOU make for the FLY AWAY Readers Art Quest?  Be sure to link it up HERE

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Great steampunk creations Helene! I will have to check out the new publication for more inspirations. That "tin man" with his little shadowbox is amazing.

Electra said...

GREAT inspiration pieces! I haven't participate in a RAQ for too long. I'll be back....

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album