Friday, April 12, 2013

Clean and Modern Card

One of my resolutions was to enter some challenges where I can use my Stampin' Up supplies.  Here's a card I made in keeping with my latest theme, April Showers Bring May Flowers.  My last card was funky vintage.  This one is clean and modern.


You can see that I stamped the umbrella again in teal and used a foam dimensional to pop it up.  

For texture, I used the narrow heart embossing folder several times.  As you know, when you run the folder through another time, it flattens what you did the first time.  But I liked the overall interesting textured effect.  

Supplies
Stampin' Up Rain or Shine stamp set
Stampin' Up Million  Memories stamp set
Stampin' Up Whisper White card stock
Hampton Arts Studio G teal card stock
Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise ink
Ranger Mustard Seed distress ink
Ranger Ripe Raspberry distress ink
Archival Sepia ink
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eighteen die
Sizzix Stampin' Up heart Adorning Accents Textured Impressions folder
Queen & Co. heart Jewels

 Entering these challenges:

Card A Day:  Spring (there are four themes each month and you can enter once for each theme)


Freshly Made Sketches: Challenge #81 Cindy's Sketch
due April 15 Noon PDT  add up to 3 other challenges
 

Our Creative Corner: modern texture with these colors 
due April 12 11:59 EST 





10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty card with unusual colours. Valerie

Allisa said...

Great card, love all of the heart details! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heather said...

Great takes on both Challenges Helene...love the clean look..and the texture of the hearts. Love the little shadow that is created.

Hugs
Heather

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Helene, love the umbrella which provides great dimension.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sophie said...

Wie niedlich, und wieder ein Regenschirm.
:-)

Liebe Grüße von Sophie xx

Cindy Hall said...

Clean and modern is a perfect title for this card. Love the heart embossing for this card. Very pretty design and colors. Thanks for playing along with my sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tina Campbell said...

This is a really cute card! Love the take on the sketch and the popped umbrella is really fun. Thanks for playing along with us over at Card A Day Blog

Anonymous said...

I like the dimension on the umbrella.
A really fresh card.
Wishes
Lynne

trisha too said...

Well good grief, lynne and I are thinking alike today--the second I saw the card, "fresh" popped into my mind.

The good kind of fresh, not the sassy mouth kind!

:)

Shelley Flores said...

Great sentiment and use of embossing. Thanks for inspiring me and joining the challenge at the Card a Day Blog!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album