Sunday, August 5, 2012

Clean and Simple in Green

Shar has me started on the clean and simple look.  Over at her Rogue Redhead Designs blog, her most recent challenge, Rebel Challenge #13 Distressed Greens,  is to use the color green and some distressing (along with stamping) 

Voila! Here are a couple of gift tags for wedding presents. This little Studio G wedding cake stamp that I picked up at our recent Prairie Stampers Club garage sale came in very handy. (Unfortunately I didn't use a RRD stamp for this little project.  But while visiting the RRD site, I did purchase her latest release, Nature Notes, and can't wait to get the plate!)



The wedding invitation used mossy green paper and brown grosgrain ribbon.  I found matching green ribbon (which turned out to be the color of the bridesmaids' dresses) and then searched for some brown wrapping paper for the gifts.  My little gift tags followed the theme.

My distressing is with ink, using a green Studio G chalk to edge the card as well as some Ranger Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Tea Dye.  On one of the tags, I also used my distress blade to rough up the edges.  

Image is stamped with Archival Ink in sepia and colored with Copics E37 sepia and YG03 yellow green.


Keeping it clean and simple, one card is stamped and folded, then glued onto a brown square.  The other is layered into a traditional card.  I punched a hole in each tag and attached them to the gifts with the brown ribbon from the wedding invitation. 





9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute!

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty little cards! Valerie

Anonymous said...

I love your wedding tags! Perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing the Distressed Greens Rebel Challenge at RRD!

Got your order - stamps will be coming your way soon :) Can't wait to see what you do with the new set!

SusanK said...

Very pretty! I might need one for December...will you make me one? lol

My eyes slipped when I read your blog post title and I thought it read 'Simple Green'...as in the cleaning solution. Sheesh. I need more coffee.

Unknown said...

Beautiful clean and simple tag. Compliments the wrapping paper and ribbon fabulously. Excited to hear about your purchase, can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks for playing along with us at Rogue Redhead Designs :)

Georgie Horn said...

looks great!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet idea to use the same colors, love the tag, the cake is so sweet!

Brenda Brown said...

The style suits you Helene, love the colours and stamp.
Hugs Brenda xxx

My Sweet Confections said...

Super cute!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album