Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pinkish Purple Saturday

Here is a photo I took this morning of a red bud tree (with the 8MP camera on landscape setting on my Droid phone) .  I was going for an artsy effect.  It looks more purple than pink but this is what I have for today's Pink Saturday--so let's call it pinkish purple. I think I may use this photo as a background for an ATC or tag. I thought that branch at the top would make a good frame for the shot, but now it looks a bit heavy to me.  Hence the idea to use this for some mixed media art.  

Thanks to Beverly for her Pink Saturday idea.  Her blog badge is on my sidebar. My tree is a good celebration of our first Pink Saturday of spring!


Last week on Pink Saturday, I visited Diane's link to discover her blog, Confessions of the Obsessed where she had set a delightful table for the Cherry Festival.   Since it was St. Patrick's Day and we were posting green as well as pink, I also clicked on Pat's link and found her blog post on St. Patrick to be wonderfully informative.  I can't wait to see what new adventures are in store for me this weekend!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday (with a touch of purple!!)
A stunning photograph, it really is.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

What a gorgeous photo, Helene. I've never seen a tree like that. I think I'd want to climb it if I saw it in real life!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great photo - I have never seen one of these trees before! Valerie

Sharon said...

Wow what a beautiful photo! Happy Pink Saturday!!

Linda M. Cain said...

Simply STUNNING!

~Linda

Terry said...

What a gorgeous photo pink or purple! Makes me want to have a pinic under the branches! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ann said...

My goodness that tree is scumptious, the colors are so brilliant. Beautiful shot.
Ann

Micupoftea said...

HPS~ what a lovely, whimsical, woodsy photo, Helene!

Shona said...

what an amazing photo :)

Krisha said...

WOW what a photo!!!!! The braches look like a soft green trail to the sky.

Anonymous said...

Hi Helene!!

What an awesome photo! The trees here are just gorgeous!! I took pictures of the trees in our neighborhood, it looks like its snowing with all the white blossoms!

trisha too said...

this is a gorgeous photo, Helene!

:)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's wonderful.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Spring on crack...WOW!!! This is a magnificent photo! So gorgeous...thanks for sharing! God is good!

1CardCreator said...

Belated Happy Pink Saturday! Your photo of the tree is awesome, I have never seen anything like that!

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful for sure!

Gerri Herbst said...

Oh my this looks like a fairy tree, beautiful photo! take care, gerri

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album