Thursday, January 26, 2012

Really Old!

My turn again at Flying Unicorn for the Today post.  Thought I'd also share it here.

Today I'm dusting off some items from my attic and making a layout with them. How old do you think this photo is?  I'm thinking it's around 60 years old.  It's a photo of me taken at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago.  Yup, it's me only wearing a different bonnet!  It's hard to see, because it's white on white, but I'm holding in my hand this very same postcard of Bushman the gorilla.  Can you believe I actually hung onto this postcard all these years?
Huber FUL ct TODAY using Dusty Attic product2012-01-26


I'm a Product Creative Artist for the Flying Unicorn.  Today's product feature is Dusty Attic.  I used Francy Trim #4  to make a "zoo fence".  On the larger piece I used Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink and then brushed on some Perfect Pearls Green Patina, followed by heat setting.  On the smaller piece which I overlaid, I used Ranger Wild Honey Distress Stain.  I used the same color on the Bird of Paradise.


The papers are Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue.  The ticket is from Graphic 45 Curtain Call. I always edge my fancy cutting with black pen.  For a softer effect on the beige items, I used Ranger Distress Ink in Antique Linen.


You will find Dusty Attic lazer cuts in the Flying Unicorn store, along with the Graphic 45 paper collections.


Other items are from my stash. I've had the giraffe since the time I started scrapbooking and bought a kit with it in it.


I hope you have time today to scrap a lot!

10 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Such treasure Wonderful to have been able to keep the postcard memento all these years. XOXO Zoe

Starr said...

Your lo is so delightful and I think that photo was just taken a few years ago, not a life time. Where does it go?
Have a great weekend!

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous and so detailed Helene! I love that you kept the postcard and all of the awesome pieces you added to this make it look amazing!

Terry said...

Love the zoo animals in the LO! What a cute picture!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful collage.

trisha too said...

Helene, this is charming!!

:)

Tammy said...

Helene, amazing work with those PP and that awesome DA! So cool ya still had that post card!

Sandi McLean said...

Adorable Helene! I am now quite in the habit of making vintage pieces with pics of the DH as a child- I haven't quite admitted I could do same with mine LOL

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Helene - I love your sweet photo and the collage you created. I assume you grew up in Chicago? I met my husband there...fond memories! Have a Happy Sunday!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful layout, Helene! Love the photo and the way you've layered everything. Too cool that the postcard is still around and scrappable!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album