Friday, August 27, 2010

CREATE BLOG HOP from Pages In Time

It's finally here, our first EVER Pages In Time (PIT) Design Team Blog Hop!  And it's a very special hop indeed.  Each Design Team member created a triangle banner in her own special style for this weekend event.  It's just one way of getting to know each of us a little better as you visit our personal blogs.

There are 9 PIT stops all together.  Each of the 7 Pages In Time Design Team members is offering a prize on her personal blog.  That gives you 7 chances to win!  Karen, the Pages In Time owner, is PIT Stop #8.

PLUS PLUS PLUS:  If you hop along and become a follower and leave a comment on each of the 8 blogs,  AND if you go to Pages in Time--Main Page and leave a comment in Blog Hop End found in the Announcements/Shop News section of the forum (you won't be able to miss it), you will be in the drawing for this grand prize given by Karen:


I'm PIT stop #2 on the CREATE Blog HopIf you came directly to my blog, I hope you'll hop back to our Design Team Leader, Barbara, because she has a stunning banner you just won't want to miss!  Then hop back here to sign up for my prize before you continue the hop.

Here's the banner I made.  Did you guess correctly from the sneak peeks?  I went with a campy, fifties theme.  Details are at the end of the post.
I made scallop punch accordian flowers because in the fifties things still were homemade.  I remember coming home from first grade telling my mom I ate the best school lunch in the cafeteria--fish sticks--and asked if she'd buy them for us to eat at home.  She was aghast.  Everything she cooked was from scratch--no processed food.  It was years later that we got to try those frozen TV dinners with aluminum foil lids that you baked in the oven--no microwaves back then!

The prize that I'm offering is some Crafty Secrets supplies: a sheet of stickers and a vintage post card to make: (the image and chipboard) and one foot of Webster's Pages bloomers in turquoise.  The winner of my prize will be chosen by random drawing.  To qualify, you must be a follower of my blog and leave a comment on this post by midnight Sunday Aug. 29, CST.  Winner will be announced on Monday, August 30, 2010.   I'm very close to 100 followers.  If  this hop brings me 7 additional followers, I'll add a little something to the prize.  As a follower of my blog, you'll be able to keep up with all the happenings I'm involved in over at Pages In Time.

From here please hop over to PIT stop #3, Lacee. She's created a fantastic banner.

Should you get lost in cyberspace, here's the blog hop order:
Barbara
Helene--you are here-that's me, 2amscrapper
Lacee
Victoria
Marie
Carla
Maggie
Karen, owner of  Lasting Memories Pages In Time store blog
PIT Pages In Time ning site

And be sure to join us Sept. 10 -12 for the Back to School Crop.
Make Pages In Time your PIT stop for creativity.

Materials used to make my banner:
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage: Kitchen Time Cuts, Kitchen Mail, and Domestic Goddess Creative Scraps for the vintage images and sentiments
My Mind's Eye Pretty Please Spring Papers for some of the accordian flowers
Basic Grey Eskimos Kisses for some of the accordian flowers
From the Pages In Time Kit:
American Craft Thickers Cupid Patterned Chipboard Letters
Prima patterned paper: Flights of Fancy Collection: Ladybug



Link to banner template that I used: triangle banner template to make 6 pennants from one 12 x12" sheet
You Tube has tutorials for the accordian flower made with a scallop punch.

37 comments:

Michelle said...

This is awesome! I love the colors, the design and the theme!!! Great banner!

Lili Sulastri said...

Hello Helene, that sure is a very nostalgic banner you have up there. Reminds me of mum's cooking. No worries.....will go home to mummy next weekend. yummy! Really fantastic banner. Love it.

Lili

Unknown said...

Super cool banner Helene! I love your theme.

Sandi Smith said...

I so love your banner too...Awesome work Helene!

Mghairgirl said...

Such a great banner, love the vintage feel to it and the colors are so much fun!

Mad Red Hare said...

Wow! Awesome! I love that vintage kitsch stuff!!!

Amarilys said...

beautiful banner! great design and colors!

Sue Griffiths said...

Really lovely and unique. reminds me of my childhood.!

Terry said...

Totally awesome banner! Brings me back to a great time period! Love this!

Kelly said...

Such a cool banner Helene, love the 50's theme!

scrappygal said...

Those flowers were the perfect touch to this amazing banner! Simply beautiful!!

Pam AKA: picnic said...

Helene just beautiful, TFS

Unknown said...

Your accordian flowers are GORGEOUS!!!! HOW do you keep them from tearing apart?!

I think I'm dreaming the impossible dream re/all food made from scratch in my kitchen; but it's a really good dream to have!

Marlene Murphy said...

I haven't heard Doris Day in years! I am old enough to remember fifties first hand and you've really captured the look.

Renee77 said...

I am loving this vintage banner and the accordian flowers are super cute! I am now a follower of your adorable blog!!!

fairyrocks said...

Lovely Banner Helene, it is vintage but so light and breezy at the same time.
Your attention to detail is what makes this work so gorgeous.
Keep smiling and creating

Lynn Stevens said...

Helene, I adore your banner, the reto 50's is such an awesome theme. You know I've been a follower forever! I'm off to see the rest.
Hugs Lynn

I hope you get 50 new followers this weekend!

VAWM said...

Helene, so gorgeous. I love it!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Helene,
This banner is gorgeous--wow--and so much work and so original--I love your style!!! xo

Gigikay said...

What a great banner. Love the retro feel. So creative. Thanks for the links to the tutorial!!

lilmrmaid/Yvonne said...

I love your banner, that is really cool.

Lisa said...

Ok love the retro!!! Reminds me of my childhood!! Wonderful job on the banner. Love it.

ms.schwiet said...

Amazing job with your "themed" banner.

Ann Arbogast said...

Love the pp you used. Does remind me of Grandma in the kitchen!

Lori said...

Very cool banner, I think I guessed wrong! lol! Congrats to getting over 100 followers! You go girl!

evy said...

Amazing banner!!! Love the vintage look of this banner and the alphas on top of the flower.

Sandi McLean said...

Born in the '50s - love, love your banner. Of course Crafty Secrets is a favorite. Fun blog hop - hope I can keep up with 8 new blogs to follow!

Megan said...

omg! I am in love with your banner!!!!! It is SO freaking adorable! I love every little detail!

Nancy said...

Being a "vintage" girl myself, I just love your blog! And I see you're now over 100 followers - congratulations!

pamala said...

Oh my word, LOVE your banner! It is gorgeous!!! Great projects posted, I am a follower now. :)

Carla said...

Your banner is adorable! Love it!

Sherrenae - Sherri said...

Cute banner, nice job.

Krystle said...

I love how you added that pearl earing. I am a follower!

Lacee broyles said...

SOOOOO AWESOME Helene!!!! I love it all!!!!!!

BlueCrayons said...

this is so stunning. just love it to pieces. reminds me of the 50's. keep on rawkin them goodies.

of course im a follower :O)

Tina Connolly said...

Wow, This is lovely.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

What a great job Helene! I love all the pastel colors and I love those kind of flowers too... I've made many of those myself.. they are so pretty! I like the punch border you used for them. Stop by my blog sometime and say Hi!
Sherry
CanadianCandy

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album