Monday, July 12, 2010

Christmas in July--literally!!!!

I went to the Christmas in July open house at Prairie Art Stamps in Springfield, IL and made two holiday items.  At Judy's station, I stamped, inked and colored this adorable post card.  Here's the back of  it:
This was so much fun, that when PID put up their challenge today to make a postcard using PID images, I decided I'd jump right in and make another postcard.  I'll post that one later.

This could be the start of a real trend for me because I'm also in the Pages In Time Mail Art Group and anxiously awaiting my first mail from another PIT groupie.



But I digress.... Back at the Prairie Art Stamps Holiday Open House, I also went to Karla's and Dawn's table and made this fun tag.  They had the pieces cut out; I just had to stamp, paint, glue and assemble.  We used silver embossing ink and Twinkling H2Os.

My next post will be some awesome birthday cards made by my DDs.

9 comments:

Terry said...

You make sure wonderful art! Love the Christmas in July! BEAUTIFUL!

fairyrocks said...

Gorgeous Cards!!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Linda M. Cain said...

LOVE it! Love the new music, too!!!! Aahh, the Carpenter's....memories....

Linda

Linda M. Cain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty Anne said...

The post card and Tag turned out so great. Sounds like you had fun at the open house.

Scrapamum said...

How fun!!!! That tag turned out fantastic!

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

Hi Helene...I think this tag is awesome... Christmas in July!!! That sounds like fun!

Lori said...

Great stuff! Love both of these! Oh, I so wish I was closer to PAS, but maybe it's a good thing I'm not.. lol

Unknown said...

Those are stunning! Between your blog and DS asking if it's Christmas yet, it can almost be felt in the air!

Hope you get your mail soon!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album