Friday, November 13, 2009

Adornit Blop Hop

Make It Merry! There are 60 of us participating in this fun holiday hop. So if you started with me, please take the opportunity to view all of the wonderful projects by starting here: Adornit
For us, the merriment of the holidays starts at Thanksgiving when our immediate family shows up for a fun four day weekend. Usually about 28-30 are around to eat and play games. We rotate among the four homes, each of us taking a turn to host a family feast. Remaining a close family is very important to all of us, especially now that our children are young adults, many with families of their own. Home is where our feet may leave...but not our hearts! (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
For this special blog hop, I was motivated to start my family heritage cookbook. Here are the first two pages:


I used Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess patterned papers, a square from Webster's Pages Sweet as Apple Pie, and embellished with photos I took of my two apple recipes as well as the Queen Kat Designs Apple Days stamp that I colored in with my Copics. I love this QKD Apple Days stamp and have made a slide show for you to see the projects I've made using it. Included is a tag I made for a holiday hostess gift.



Thanks for visiting my blog. Next up is Alison Lindhardt

21 comments:

Unknown said...

me luvs these!! :) WTG Helene.

connie said...

I have been thinking and wanting to do a scrap recipe book! thanks for the "push" and inspiration!

laterg8r said...

what a fantastic idea - love your book :D

Mercedes said...

Very nice! I love your book! TFS!

Colleen said...

What a wonderful idea for an album!

Viji Siddharth said...

Love your book! Awesome idea!

kate blue said...

great idea and you can't go wrong with the Webters and the Graphic 45...great combo

BethieJ said...

What a GREAT idea!! yours is just LOVELY!!
Happy Hopping!

Anita said...

Yum, I want those recipes. Glad you are feeling better.

Ms D said...

awesome idea! Thanks for sharing with me!

BabyBokChoy said...

Hey hey hey, check out the Graphic 45 use!!! AWESOME!! You must share this on the G45 Ning site!

belinda1 said...

What inspiration

Anonymous said...

Holy jeepus, Helene!! Gorgeous!!

CathQuillScrap said...

Wow a family recipe book... that is so special. Thanks for sharing this blog hop with me.

cinmfoster said...

Great idea, love the page.

toni said...

Looks wonderful!

pattyb said...

Cute! I love all the vintage scrapping goodies on it.

Sarah said...

What a wonderful idea - love that quote too!

Peggy said...

very creative, thanks for posting.

Marygail said...

Your recipe book is very beautiful great work!

Linda M. Cain said...

Great job, Helene! You definitely are the Queen!

Linda

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album