Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MMSC18


Here are two photos of my entry for this week's challenge sketch #18 for Midnight Madness at Priscilla's site. The first photo is more true to color but the second photo is lighter so you can see the rose better. As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to do a Halloween card. However, I had trouble finding the right image. I finally settled on this vintage bat costume offered as a freebie from The Graphics Fairy. Thanks, Karen. I altered a scrapbook patterned paper by downsizing the spider web and covering the white web with a purple Glaze pen given to me by my friend Terri, owner of Prairie Art Stamps and Supplies, where I purchased the exquisite purple, green and black card stock. I put the green card stock in the D'vine Swirl embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug. Fancy buttons and ribbon are from Walmart. I altered the image with Copics E00 Skin White, Y15 Cadmium Yellow and Y17 Golden Yellow as well as Prismacolors Muted Turquiose and Scarlet Lake. I altered a white fabric rose by spraying it with Maya Road purple mist and edging with black diamond Stickles. I touched up with Sugarberry Smooch. I found the Halloween sentiment in my stash and accented the dots with my black Glaze pen.

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh, my word is this gorgeous or what?? Great image, great colors. That ribbon is stunning. Just beautiful!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge. We will be looking forward to seeing you next week too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, this is one fabulous execution of the sketch challenge for this week. You did an outstanding job with this. Your image is perfect with all this ribbon. I am in awe. So spectacular. Thanks for playing with us at MMSC

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Priscilla said...

WOW...what a fantastic card...I LOVE LOVE LOVE it :) I am not sure where to start..the colors brilliant..Love purple and black..the image..love vintage image..the ribbon..just so pretty..VERY CLEVER with the lace and this card really works on all accounts..THANK YOU so much for sharing it with us and for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge..I can not wait to see what you will do with this weeks sketch.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Anonymous said...

Whoa whoa whoa!!!!! That is stinkin' gorgeous with a big G!! You just completely knocked this out of the atmosphere!!

stefanie said...

i love it!!!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Stunning!! I love the colors that you used and the detail of the laces is amazing! I really like the buttons you selected for this piece too, they have just the right texture! Thanks so much for participating today in "Brag Monday". I'm so glad to have found your beautiful blog!

Micki said...

Wow, that is awesome. Love it!

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album