Monday, April 20, 2009

FIRST IN A SERIES


I love that both my hubby and I come from large families. However, this also means that I have a plethora of photographs of all of these relatives. When I started scrapping two years ago, one of my priorities was to get all of these photos into a meaningful album for my children. Two years later, the photos are still in piles, drawers, and boxes. Last month my last surviving aunt passed away. I asked for this portrait because it has a special meaning for me. It had hung in her living room in a grouping of her favorite portraits. Whenever I visited her, I always complimented her, telling her she looked like a movie star in this photo. The flower embellie in the top right corner even holds her hatpin. So kids, this one's getting tucked away in the family album as the first in a series. But you get to see it here as proof I've started the huge job of documenting the family tree. Supply notes: Papers: Black Bazzill card stock; Colormates Deep Berry Red, Little Yellow Bicycle Red Herringbone. Die Cuts With A View "La Creme" collection: flocked paper, chipboard stickers and epoxy alphas. Hero Arts cream Art Flowers. My two kit clubs, Coordinated Collections and A Kiss on the Chic, provided the black buttons and red roses.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Family Heritage Album